[Moin-user] Removing tons of SPAM users, then preventing it from happening again

Ron Senykoff rsenykoff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:37:28 EDT 2008

Out of about 420 users registered with my wiki, ~ 400 are from spam bots.
The anti-spam option has prevented them from posting pages, but the user
accounts being there are rather annoying.

I'm guessing I'll have to use a little grepping to find the known user
accounts and move them out of the way before blasting the other user files.
Any better way to do this?

Second part: If I upgrade MoinMoin so I can use TexChas, can those be used
on the user preferences page for creating a new user?

TIA!

-Ron