[Moin-user] Wiki for document management

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Oct 8 06:59:33 EDT 2008

> In addition to being a long-time MoinMoin user, I have written
> my own wiki software (hasn't everyone written their own wiki
> engine at some point? ;-)

I didn't make an own one. I adopted one. :D

> I implemented section editing, and seriously, it only took about 2 hours.

Don't forget, moin has 2 editors (text and gui).

> Would it be worth posting the algorithm for review/discussion?

Well, as far as I am concerned, I am rather interested in a fully
working and tested patch against moin/1.9 repo (plus someone maintaining
that part of the code when needed), because I won't have much time to
care for section editing development (so much other moin stuff to do).

We need to be aware that if we add such a thing to moin/1.9, it will
likely create merge conflicts with the storage refactoring repo, thus
increasing the amount of work needed to merge them (for 2.0).