[Moin-user] MoinMoin development speed

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Oct 8 07:09:13 EDT 2008

> Whoa. Three major releases in just one year?

We try to release more often with less huge changes between releases.

Due to the 6 summer of code projects we had this summer, we need to
merge the work done rather quick.

1.5 to 1.6 was a huge change that caused a big delay.

1.6 to 1.7, 1.7 to 1.8 are smaller changes (when looking at the end
user / wiki admin visibility).

1.8 to 1.9 will have big changes in the way moin is deployed (and
related docs), but not much else.

When we merge storage refactoring and later DOM refactoring, that will
be a rather big change again.

"Problem": It could happen that google runs summer of code again next
year and that we get invited again - for that case, we should've merged
most of this years work by then.

For moin 1.9+ (and especially for 2.0+) we could need quite some more
developers and testers helping us, otherwise 2.0 will take quite long.