[Moin-user] Customize navi_bar per group?

Wed Oct 8 14:56:21 EDT 2008

Hi Reimar,

R.Bauer <rb.proj <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You mean you want to add a different navibar dependent on member of a group?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

> If so the answer is no - not implemented yet.

Got it, thanks.

> But it is not difficult to do this. If you look into the theme navibar
> code it looks like:
>
> # Process config navi_bar
>         if request.cfg.navi_bar:
>             for text in request.cfg.navi_bar:
>                 pagename, link = self.splitNavilink(text)
>                 if pagename == current:
>                     cls = 'wikilink current'
>                 else:
>                     cls = 'wikilink'
>                 items.append(item % (cls, link))
>                 found[pagename] = 1
>
> You can add there another requirement, something like this:
> (or you extend the user object by a method which get's the dependent
> entries)
>
> pagename = u'WhateverGroup'
> user_group = wikidicts.Group(request, pagename)
> members = user_group.members()
> if request.user.name in members:
>
> lot's of examples at:
> http://moinmo.in/MoinAPI/Beispiele

Thanks for the detailed info and link (though my German is a bit ... rusty :-)

Most likely, I'll let the user's just deal with it how it is now. Although
it'd be fun to dig in and make this happen, it's pretty low priority atm
(and apparently everyone else -- for pretty good reason).

Cheers,
-steve