[Moin-user] Strange macro behaviour (1.8.0rc1)

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Oct 19 10:41:27 EDT 2008

> as I mentioned a few days ago, I have written a custom IncludeRevision
> macro to include a specific revision of another page.  Basically I stole
> the bits of Include.py that looked relevant, hacked in revision
> handling, and ignored the whole "what if the included page includes
> other pages?" issue.

Maybe you rather want to add a rev=X parameter to the original Include
macro.

> preview a change, but mangled when I save the change.  However, if I
> suppress caching the macro output with
>
>   Dependencies = ["foo"]
>
> the problem disappears and it behaves correctly in either circumstance.

Please not that the original Include macro has this:

Dependencies = ["time"] # works around
MoinMoinBugs/TableOfContentsLacksLinks

So it also works around some bugs by disabling caching.

> But when caching is enabled and I view the page normally, it renders as
>
> """
> <<<>>><p class="line867"><<<>>>XYZ</h1>
> """

That means that the text_python formatter was malfunctioning somehow.
You never should see those <<<>>> placeholders in the output.

Hopefully the Include crap will be fixed when we merge the DOM formatter
repo into the main repo (will take a while, don't hold your breath).