[Moin-user] Include with version number (was Re: Wiki for document management)

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Oct 19 10:51:47 EDT 2008

> > >   * is anyone interested in a series of patches to refactor Include.py
> > >     in order to make it more extensible and more reusable?
> >
> > Just to warn you: current Include code is a mess and rather limited due
> > to the way it works.
>
> Yes, I figured that out pretty quickly.  That's why I am offering to
> refactor it if you want the patch.  (Well, more likely, series of
> patches.)

As long as the patches maintain compatibility and are "clean" patches
(meaning they fix one defined problem each), yes, I am interested.

But be aware that fixing some of the major problems Include has right
now won't be doable with some small patch, but needed a very large
refactoring (this has been done in summer of code 2008 by Bastian Blank,
see http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.8-dom-bblank/). This completely changes
how the parser calls the formatter (then being just "converters" see
MoinMoin.converter2).