[Moin-user] Odd behaviour of hierarchical ACLs

Jim Wight j.k.wight at ncl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 10:03:52 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 08:01 -0700, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> >     acl_hierarchic = True
> >     acl_rights_before = u"adminuser:read,write,delete,revert,admin"
> >     acl_rights_default = u"All:read"
> >     auth = [HTTPAuth()]
> >     show_login = 0
> >     user_autocreate = True
>
> Looks all ok (for 1.7.x).
>
> > Team1Group
> > ==========
> >  * someuser
>
> Please check if SystemAdmin page's user browser shows the group
> membership correctly.
>
> If it does not, check your page_group_regex setting and please read
> docs/CHANGES about required changes for page_*_regex settings.

The problem I was having had nothing to do with ACLs. I was able to
reproduce it with a single user and no ACLs whenever I gave the user
admin rights.

I was using 2 invocations of SeaMonkey for 2 user sessions. Since
switching to one of Firefox and one of IE everything is working as
expected. I have no idea how the browser is implicated - something to
investigate later, possibly when I have a clean machine to start from.

Jim