[Moin-user] want to suggest a feature

Franklin PIAT fpiat at klabs.be
Tue Oct 21 17:56:22 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 07:45 -0700, kent sin wrote:
> Is it possible that wiki use a meaningless page id?
>
> If a title is attached to every pages (like the name now), all the
> link refer to titles not page id. When a link linked to a title have
> only one page, the page is displayed as current implementations. When
> a link have more then one page, it go to a auto-render or user created
> page selection page.
>
> All pages have its owner. The ACL determine the rights to access the
> page. And, by default, no body is allowed to edit pages own by others.
> Only clone the page and own the edited page.
>
> The model is :
>
> There is no authorized knowledge. There are people presenting
> different views and opinion, people seeking for answer need to select
> from them.

If people were to respect each other, they would add different point of
view, within the current page (i.e not delete what other wrote because
they disagree).

If I follow what you mean, it also implies that your users will need to
be able to elaborate on the various branches.

> Is the above proposal BAD? or need more explain?

The wiki is about collaborative work !

> Wiki: A collaborative website whose content can be edited by anyone
> who has access to it.
> (src:  http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=wiki )

The only circumstance where you might need to present different version
of a page, it's when a given version was "approved".

> I really hope the above option be fully evaluated by wiki communities.
> That true knowledge need more than one answer. That different view
> should be co-existed and peacefully waiting for user to believe.

Peacefully implies accepting different point of view (contribute on the
same page). If two contributors needs to have different pages to avoid
edit wars, well, they aren't peaceful !

> More then one version and more than one authorized answer to any
> question is so fundamental to science and truth.
>
> Please implement it.

Please submit a patch, it's an open-source software ;-)

Franklin,

--
Happy moinmoin user.