[Moin-user] Login problems using sspi

Robert Moricz robert.moricz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:38:36 EDT 2008

When I login to MoinMoin via SSPI (LAN login via http/Apache), I get a host
name as user.
Also, my user name and the "Preferences" link in the top left corner are
missing.
I can edit a page and then the host name, not my user name, is registered in
the history.

We have tested to let a collegue log in from my host and we get the same
behaviour.
When I log in from another host, the log in succeeds and I get my user name
as exptected.
So it seems that something is different on just a client machine (my host).
On other clients, login succeeds without any problems.

Please can somebody help explain what is wrong,
i.e. why I do not get my LAN user signature as Moin user and how to fix it.
We use:
  - MoinMoin 1.6.3 on windows XP.
  - Python 2.5.2
  - Apache 2.2