[Moin-user] moin on a different backed for revision control?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Oct 31 15:41:57 EDT 2008

> I was wondering if moinmoin is able to support a different backend for
> revision control?

We had a storage API / refactoring project in SOC 2008.

http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.8-storage/

(both the storage refactoring and the hg backend project were merged
into this common repo)

> What I'm looking for is a setting that I could tell moin moin to use
> svn, hq, bzr, git as my backend for storage instead of what moinmoin
> uses as default.

There are currently only 2 usable backends (for Linux/POSIX like
systems): hg and filesystem storage.

If you want others, feel free to contribute them. :)
If you have questions, just join us on #moin-dev on freenode IRC.