[Moin-user] Playing shockwave flash animations (.swf) in MoinMoin 1.6 Wiki page

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 13:31:01 EDT 2008

Hello Gunter,
We were never successful in reliably getting .swf or other movies to
work using any Moin-macro solution. Some things work, others don't,
you never know what results you'll get.

So, consequently, we're resorted to simply escaping to raw html and
and pasting in the code that way, and it works every time.  Please
note, this is an internal wiki.  If yours is externally facing, or not
access-protected, you need to be very, very careful about allowing raw
html (dangerous).

{{{
#!raw
<embed src="http://wiki.example.com/files/video/CompanyPicnic2008.swf"
autostart="true" loop="false" width="480" height="360"> </embed>
}}}

-Rick