[Moin-user] Add single login account to standalone wiki

McLaughlin, Daniel D daniel.d.mclaughlin at intel.com
Thu Sep 18 19:07:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a basic standalone wiki (moin-1.6.2) with default config and no authentication method. It is installed on a server for use inside a corporate firewall. The users want to password-protect the wiki by using single username and password that everyone on the team would use. The help file indicates the basic authentication method by moin via username/password would import MoinMoin/auth/MoinAuth.

from MoinMoin.auth import MoinAuth
auth = [MoinAuth()]

This class does not exist in /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MoinMoin. Do I need to download it? I find no reference to this class online.

The wiki front page has the standard login form at the top, which allows profile creation. It is not clear if this is to be used in my case or if MoinAuth uses local accounts on the server. The login form is on the same page as the top level data page, so I am not sure how that protects the data.  Can someone point me to or provide some instruction on adding username/password login authentication on an existing statndalone wiki?

Mig