[Moin-user] rst and "what links here" functionality in moin-1.6.3

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Sep 23 09:19:47 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 16:59 -0400, Poor Yorick wrote:
> I recently sent a concise email to this list describing how links in the rst format
>
> 	`this is a link <../SomePage>`_
>
> don't get picked up by the "what links here" functionality.  This is such a
> fundamental feature for a wiki that I was expecting to be quickly corrected on
> how restructured text could be used while keeping "what links here"
> functionality intact. but didn't get any response.

I sent (a rather general) response to the list with subject "rst and
docbook parsers" at Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:00:59 +0200, didn't that get
through to you?

Maybe the moin wiki rst / docbook users should try to organize and
participate a bit more in moin development - I am sure there are some
python coders within the rst using moin wiki users (and maybe the same
is true for docbook).

I am sure an active developer / maintainer who uses this code himself
could test and fix some of the problems quite easily.

(The other long term option would be to move the rst/docbook support
from moin distribution to the market pages on the wiki and consider it
as 3rd party supported extension.)