[Moin-user] moin wiki on sourceforge web servers, anyone ?

Vincent Favre-Nicolin vincefn at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 27 04:38:37 EDT 2008

[my previous message on this site did not go through apparently - if it did
you can discard it, more info here]

	   Hi,

   Last week sourceforge finished migrating the web servers to a new data
center. After that my moin wiki stopped working, as all others I found. I
thought at first that this was only due the change in the location
of 'persistent' (with read-write access from the apache server) directories,
but I've been unable to make it working again.
  Their new way (without shell access) to upload web files works well, so it
is not the problem - there is cgi-python support.

  Last night I experimented a little and tried to catch exceptions inside the
moin.cgi script. It turns out that if I modify the import line in moin.cgi
to :
##############
try:
   from MoinMoin.server.server_cgi import CgiConfig, run
except ImportError,err:
   print err
##############

  Then I get the following error:
######
/usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload/_socketmodule.so: failed to map segment from
shared object: Cannot allocate memory
######

   I tried googling around with this error but I did not find anything
definitive. Maybe some security setting on their web server.

   Anybody managed to get a moin wiki re-running on the sourceforge servers
since the migration  ???

   Note that the above tests were done from a clean 1.7.2 moin install,
although it won't make much difference as the python error appear very early
in the script.

	Vincent
--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin