[Moin-user] Changing default behavior on downloads.

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:05:02 EDT 2008

Yes, it's the old "downloading attachments" topic again.  :-(

I know that the developers are reluctant to reverti to the old
behavior of linking to a document and have it download by default.
The new method requires a "|&do=get" statement.  But that *still*
baffles a vast majority of my users, and I continue to get questions
about this ("How do I make it download directly again?").

So, it occurred to me that right now the default behavior is to use
"&do=view".  I would like to switch this to &do=get, and make the
&do=view the optional statement.  Switching this behavior would bring
linking back in line with what I think many wiki users would expect
(not just my little wiki, but many on this reading list).  Is it
possible to switch this simple statement?  Where would this change be
made?

-Rick