[Moin-user] Changing default behavior on downloads.

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:20:45 EDT 2008

2008/9/30 Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de>:
> OK, now there are some new problems:
[...]

I'll have to think about this before responding, but it seems to me
that there is a fundamental point here. You are assuming (likely based
on user feedback, I concede) that the old attachment behaviour (get by
default, manager page for non-existent attachments, can't recall the
rest offhand, I'll need to find an "old" wiki to check) is not
acceptable. In our group, I don't believe we ever had an issue with
it.

Conceded, new features such as versioned attachments might be useful,
but I've yet to be convinced that the UI changes that seem to be
needed to support this (specifically, non-intuitive ways of
specifiying inline "download" links) are worth it. My experiences are
certainly limited, but from other comments on the list, they don't
appear to be unique.

More when I've digested your previous post.
Paul.