[Moin-user] Manual Password Reset

Dr. Uwe Werner duaw at gmx.de
Mon Apr 20 08:22:52 EDT 2009

Dear Moinmoiners,

what if a user has forgotten his/her password and the mail feature is
not activated? Is there a possibility to manually set / blank the
password?

Knowledge of the encrypted password "{SSH}...== "seems to be of no
use. Looks like Moin does something more when providing a token to the
user.

I can't find it in the documentation, I googled a bit but to no avail.

Wouldn't it be great if such functionality was available to, say an
Admin, at the web interface? User calls, admin does it and  sends
email from his/her desktop.

Thanks,
  Uwe