[Moin-user] Help:Problem of category search when Xapian is enabled

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Apr 29 06:33:14 EDT 2009

> 1. My category regex setting in wikiconfig.py is page_category_regex =
> ur'(?P<all>(?P<key>(?!Template)\S+)類)'

If that 2nd last character (I can't read it) means "Category" in
chinese, then it looks correct.

>     When I enable Xapian, the Macro <<FullSearch(category:技術類)>> and the
> Find Page can't get right search result, it returns nothing.

Did you rebuild your xapian index after changing your wiki config /
page_category_regex?

>     The Macro and the Find Page can't work is that I use Chinese word as
> category regex in wikiconfig.py ?

Should work.

> 2. I am new in Python and I want to learn how to develop the MoinMoin.
>     So...what web framework does the MoinMoin use ?

It is kind of its own framework. :)

Starting with 1.9, it uses WSGI and the "werkzeug" WSGI library/toolbox.

> PS. My MoinMoin version is 1.8.0

Well, one rather obvious thing you could try is to use latest release,
that is 1.8.3.

We don't do these new releases from the stable repo just for fun, but
mostly because of bug fixes (and smaller new features). ;)