[Moin-user] common initialization for forking server

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Tue Aug 4 21:19:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been taking a look at the moinmoin 1.9 and werkzeug
code, specifically having to do with a forking server. It seems
that the forking server runs the application _from the start_
for each fork. If I am understanding things correctly, this
means that a lot of work is done after the fork, much of which
is common to all processes. And, from some timing I've done,
it is not insignificant.

Not knowing all the initialization details of MM, I wonder if it
is possible to have MM perform the initialization common to all
processes (prior to any forking) and then pass a suitable entry
point to the forking code (i.e., run_simple)?

Thanks,
John