[Moin-user] 1.8.4 configuration: anonymous permission

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:52:17 EDT 2009

Rakotomandimby Mihamina schrieb:
> Hi all
> I have installed moinmoin 1.8.4 following the official process
> and "python setup.py". Well, a default installation.
>
> I had on old 1.6 moinmoin instance and I just copied "data/pages/*" and
> "data/user/*" to the new installation. It works, in the way that
> Users can login and content is present (Searchable, Readable, Editable)

You may want to migrate your old instance data to the current version,
see docs/README_FIRST
http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.8/file/a6b0b1fcd463/docs/README_FIRST

> The problem(s) is now:
> 1°) I setup a front page (wikiconfig.py -> page_front_page = u"Documentation"),
> and whenever I am logged in or not, asking for the root of the wiki
> through a web browser results with a: "You are not allowed to view this page."

looks like you haven't updated your page_*_regex definition
http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.8/file/a6b0b1fcd463/docs/CHANGES#l506

> 2°) an anonymous (one who did not "login") user can browse the Wiki pages.
> They may even edit them. What is the directive in what file to setup?

May be we can answer if we can see your wikiconfig

cheers
Reimar