[Moin-user] How do I do quick links now?

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Wed Aug 12 16:33:45 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 4:24:23 pm, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Is there a bug in the HelpOnLinking page then?  I checked that as the first
> thing (I thought I remembered the link syntax changing).  Here's what I see:
>
>     Example
>
>      * http://moin.sourceforge.net/
>      * [http://moin.sourceforge.net/]
>      * [http://moin.sourceforge.net/ MoinMoin Sourceforge Homepage]
>      * http://moin.sourceforge.net/moinmoin.gif
>      * [http://moin.sourceforge.net/moinmoin.gif]
>      * [http://moin.sourceforge.net/moinmoin.gif moinmoin.gif]
>      * InterWiki
>       * Self:InterWiki
>       * MeatBall:InterWiki
>       * wiki:MeatBall/InterWiki
>       * [wiki:MeatBall/InterWiki]
>       * [wiki:MeatBall/InterWiki InterWiki page on MeatBall]
>      * jh at web.de
>      * [#anchorname Anchor Link]
>
> This clearly looks a lot different than what I see at
>
>     http://moinmo.in/HelpOnLinking
>
> Is that a problem with the update/migration process or did we flub it
> somehow?

Yes, it looks like something with your update/migration process did not work.

I upgraded my 1.5.x wiki to 1.8.x and underlay pages were updated (they look identical to those on http://moinmo.in/).

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x0x4A456FBA

When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.
-- Raymond Chandler (84)