[Moin-user] Inner / outer format order

Tom Potts karaken12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:32:38 EDT 2009

Hi, all.  I'm not really a moin developer, so I need some help figuring out
what I need to do in this instance.  I'm running a custom set of parsers (in
fact a version of latex_inline) and I have a situation where the preview of
a page renders correctly, but the saved version does not.  After putting in
some debugging calls, I've discovered it's because of this construction:
  #format someformat
  {{{#!someotherformat
     code
  }}}
  morecode
where 'morecode' depends on 'code' being processed first.  When you preview,
'code' is processed first, but the saved version processes the outer format
in its entirety before it does the inner.

My question is, what can I do about it?  Can I change the outer format to
require processing the inner first?  Or should I alter moin itself, so that
it processes the saved version in the same way as the preview?  If the
latter, could someone point out the relevant source files?

Thanks a lot,
Tom