[Moin-user] Inner / outer format order

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Aug 26 10:50:34 EDT 2009

> where 'morecode' depends on 'code' being processed first.

I guess the safest way would be to not have such dependencies.

> When you preview, 'code' is processed first, but the saved version
> processes the outer format in its entirety before it does the inner.
>
> My question is, what can I do about it?  Can I change the outer format
> to require processing the inner first?  Or should I alter moin itself,
> so that it processes the saved version in the same way as the preview?
> If the latter, could someone point out the relevant source files?

IIRC, it could maybe have to do with the way moin does caching of
rendered pages: it generates python code that renders the content,
compiles it and safes it to disk. When requesting the same page again,
it loads the code and executes it.

Maybe try caching_formats = [] in your wiki config (that disables this
caching of compiled stuff). It will be slower, but maybe it helps for
your ordering problem.