[Moin-user] Group Pages

waqas ahmad waqas805 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:09:43 EDT 2009

Hi once again,

I am using moinmoin184 with
Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_wsgi/2.3 Python/2.5.2 mod_auth_sspi/1.0.4:

I have created some Group pages on my private wiki, which I am running on my local computer. And then I simply went in the FileSystemArea of my local moinmoin (moin\data\pages) and copy the GropPages (e.g AdminGroup). Now I pasted the folder manually in the other wiki (productive wiki) and I also mentioned this group under wikiconfig.py and restarted the Apache too. But this wiki is not taking the users which I have described in this Group.
One other thing what I had observed,
I have created one AdminGroup with user “Amd”. Moinmoin is accessing this AdminGroup and its user too according to given rights in wikiconfig to group. Very Fine. Now I delete this group page (AdminGroup) manually from the file system (moin\data\pages\AdminGroup) and restart the apache. Now this AdminGroup page does not exist anymore in File System. But I can access the moinmoin wiki with this user “Amd” till now. I don’t know why, even I started the new session of IE. Maybe moinmoin is caching the users some where or?
Is it Bug in moinmoin or?

I will appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice weekend,

Best Regards from Moinmoin user
Waqas Ahmad