[Moin-user] Spam attacks, what is wrong?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Aug 30 11:09:13 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 16:26 -0600, Gnarlodious wrote:
> Since upgrading to the latest Moin I have been getting comment spam
> attacks (porn). MoinMoin.security.antispam is enabled in Wikifarm.py,

Wikifarm.py? Do you mean farmconfig.py?

> but BadContent is not being updated.

What's your current moin version?

Firewall blocking outside connections?

> Likewise, LocalBadContent has no
> effect on the commenters, whereas in my old Moin it worked as
> expected.

That doesn't look like antispam is active.

BTW, the best approach against spam currently is not the antispam
secpol, but activating the TextCha feature and asking some site specific
questions.