[Moin-user] Moin as an FAQ system?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Aug 31 12:49:45 EDT 2009

On 08/30/09 11:05, quoth Thomas Waldmann:
> Maybe just a short note from me:
>
> Don't create "wide topic" FAQ wiki pages.
>
> They might get very long and long pages are a pain to edit.

Thank you. That is good advise.

I think I do want to make the FAQ that I have in html to be migrated into moin.

Before I read your advise, I had the FAQ page in one firefox tab

http://frambors.syslang.net/faq/about.html

and a new page in gui mode which I pasted the old page into.  The paste worked
fine but it is not capable of saving or previewing. I get a traceback but I
don't *think* I should be able to expect moin to handle this. (Should I?)

I'm thinking that I might be better off breaking it up per your advise into a
TOC, and then three more pages to create a Section A, B and C.

Is there an import button to allow the html to be pulled in and then getting
it converted to wiki markup?

steveo at syslang.net