[Moin-user] why /var/www ?!?

John Perry john.perry at usm.edu
Tue Dec 1 20:58:59 EST 2009

Hi,

I set up MoinMoin successfully today. I thought I followed the directions, but
I kept encountering a problem. The CSS did not seem to load, and Apache kept
reporting the error,

    [Tue Dec 01 19:48:28 2009] [error] [client 131.95.120.109] File does not
    exist: /var/www/home, referer:
    http://[deleted]/MyStartingPage

Once I added a symbolic link /var/www/home -> /home, the error stopped
appearing and the CSS loaded fine.

I guess I must have set something up wrong. Weirdly, adding an Alias directive
in Apache didn't fix the problem, either. Does anyone have any idea why this
happened?

regards
john perry
--