[Moin-user] Installing MoinMoin on a typical web host

George Dinwiddie lists at iDIAcomputing.com
Sun Dec 6 13:37:02 EST 2009

Marcel,

I've not moved to 1.9 (in fact, I'm still running 1.8.4), but I do have
it running on a shared server (DreamHost).

When I upgraded to 1.8.4, I installed everything under one directory
(moin-1.8.4-installed) to make things easier to upgrade in the future.
I put the bin, lib, & share directories under that, as well as my
wikifarm directory which contains the configs & contents for the wikis
themselves.

I don't have access to the apache config, either, but I use .htaccess to
rewrite:

ReWriteEngine on
ReWriteRule ^moin(/.*)? _moin.cgi$1

Does that help?