[Moin-user] visual map of my wiki?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 12 09:12:52 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I have a little project with a friend that started life as a kind of map
of relationships using the bubbl.us mapping website (here's a picture:
http://www.derailleur.org/images/bubblus_Hidden_Cameras.jpg ).  But
bubbl.us's interface is a little limiting, and I think the project makes
more sense as a wiki, where nodes can be easily cross-linked and
descriptions expanded arbitarily.  So I'd like to create a wiki -- but
then automatically generate something like the original map from the
wiki links. I can imagine one might do this two ways -- either just by
reading all the links in a wiki page, or by adding some kind of new
field to a page that signals a relationship type, say:
{relation:parent:WinnipegBabysitter}
or something like that.  Probably just organically following the links
would be more interesting.

Anyway I'm just beginning, don't have any experience with visualization
tools, and it seems to me this is likely something that's already been
done, and I'd just as soon not have to reinvent the wheel.  So has
anyone out there done something similar already?

Thanks very much for your help!

Matt

--
Matt Price