[Moin-user] visual map of my wiki?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 12 11:33:22 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I have a little project with a friend that started life as a kind of map
of relationships using the bubbl.us mapping website (here's a picture:
http://www.derailleur.org/images/bubblus_Hidden_Cameras.jpg ).  But
bubbl.us's interface is a little limiting, and I think the project makes
more sense as a wiki, where nodes can be easily cross-linked and
descriptions expanded arbitarily.  So I'd like to create a wiki -- but
then automatically generate something like the original map from the
wiki links.

I'm not at all familiar with Graphviz,and in fact have no experience
with visualization software at all;  but I see there are graphViz
plugins for several popular wiki systems -- I use MoinMoin, but I guess
it works for mediawiki, too.  But most of the examples I find there are
for static graphs, and I want to dynamically generate a graph of the
whole wiki -- and maybe also smaller graphs that would go, say, atthe
base of each page.

Can you give me some hints for stariting out -- maybe links to other
graphs that do similar things, or some such?  It'd be a tremendous help.
Thanks so much,

Matt
--
Matt Price