[Moin-user] Xapian not indexing wiki page contents on 64-bit machines?

Eric Johnson eric at tibco.com
Tue Feb 3 21:05:14 EST 2009

Hi Mela,

Thanks for your help.

Mela Eckenfels wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:02:08AM -0800, Eric Johnson wrote:
>
>> So I'm pretty certain that just an update won't fix my problem.  I'll
>> try the combination of xapian-1.0.10 and xapian-bindings-1.0.6, but I'm
>> doubtful.
>>

> Have you considered to rebuild the index from scratch?

Rebuilt the indices several times.  No joy.

OK.  Further details.  I put additional logging into the
xapwrap.document.py file, and discovered that MoinMoin is counting
exactly the exact same number of tokens for the same length of text on
32-bit vs. 64-bit, so it almost seems like something is wrong with the
add_posting method - or the binding thereof.

On a wiki with exactly one page (beyond the underlay), the log on the
32-bit and 64-bit machine that records the number of tokens being
register looks the same, but searching for the one piece of unique
content on that one page doesn't work on the 64-bit implementation, but
does work on the 32-bit implementation.

I did a diff of the resulting index files, and diff reports the files
are different, although the sizes are the same.

Presumably the Xapian generated index files should be the same?  Or are
they intentionally different on 64-bit vs 32-bit machines?

>> What distribution of xapian are you using the version # for
>> xapian-bindings "1.0.6_1" may indicate that someone provided a patch
>> along the way to make it work.  Perhaps I need that patch that is the
>> delta between 1.0.6 and 1.0.6_1?
>>

> I'm working with FreeBSD and FreeBSD-Portsystem here. The comment on
> the last update is just: "- Chase databases/xapian-core update"

Thanks for identifying that - I looked the FreeBSD system, and didn't
see any patches there, so that's a dead end.

Any further ideas?

-Eric.