[Moin-user] Configure so as to hide index.cgi

Bradey Honsinger bradeyh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:56:03 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Joe Legner <joelegner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know where the properties options for the CgiConfig class are
> documented?  I cannot find that for the life of me.

It's not documented, but it's not used for anything else (at least
that I could find). There's a note in HelpOnInstalling/ApacheOnLinux
that talked about setting script_name, but it was for pre-1.7
moin.cgi. I updated MoinMaster 1.8:

http://master18.moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheOnLinux#Configure_moin.cgi-1

If you're interested, you can dig into the source, starting with
MoinMoin/server/server_cgi.py; the short story is that the properties
set in moin.cgi end up as properties of the Request object, so you can
change just about anything--there's no reasonable way to document all
of the possibilities. In practice, it doesn't seem to be used for
anything other than overriding the script_name provided by the server.

  - Bradey