[Moin-user] Disable automatic CamelCase linking?

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:00:03 EST 2009

I would like to second this.

A case for turning off CamelCase--

I work with a LOT of wiki-novices (we work with contractors who come in for
a few weeks at a time, and they're expected to add to the wiki for
project-tracking).  Surprisingly, none of them are confused by the concept
of making links by enclosing words in [[brackets]].

Conversely, they *are* somewhat puzzled when they inadvertently create links
when using CamelCase in proper names (which, in this day and age, a lot of
companies seem to Camelcase the names of their projects).  So, I spend
wasted time tediously de-linking CamelCased words.

Also consider:

 - the Creole markup spec does not include CamelCase.

 - Many other wiki's have gradually moved away from CamelCase.

I know that CamelCase still has it supporters.  Perhaps a solution would be
to make it a switch in wikiconfig to make CamelCase optional.  That way,
everyone can be happy.

-Rick