[Moin-user] ACLs and user homepages

Miguel Da Silva - URI mdasilva at fing.edu.uy
Wed Feb 25 16:38:40 EST 2009

Christopher MacMinn escribió:
>      > I am using MoinMoin to run a non-wiki website.  My config ACL
>     setup is:
>      >
>      > acl_rights_default = u'Administrators:read,write,delete,revert,admin
>      > All:read'
>      > acl_rights_before  = u'Administrators:read,write,delete,revert,admin'
>      >

>     That sounds wrong because the page name has to end with Group or you
>     have to show your page_group_regex definition.
>

> Sorry, I think my message was confusing -- I meant "Administrators" as
> just a placeholder for the names of some administrators, such as
> "Admin1,Admin2,Admin3", not to refer to a Group.
>
> (But I could of course create a group such as "AdminGroup" with those
> same names, and use that instead of listing them.)
>
>      > What I would like is for (logged-in) users to automatically have
>     permission
>      > to create and edit their own homepages, which they do not with
>     these ACL
>      > settings.  Thus far, I have been creating the user homepages
>     myself and
>      > setting the ACL on that page as:
>

>     you could setup acl_rights_default = u"UserGroup:read,write All:read"
>     that will enable people on the page UserGroup listed to change and
>     create pages. If they are not logged in they can read.
>     and acl_rights_before  =
>     u'AdministratorsGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin'
>
>     also you could setup a special Known identifier e.g. acl_rights_default
>     = u"Known:read,write" Then everyone with an account has this right.
>
>     I do prefer to use the UserGroup page.
>

> It seems to me that this would allow any user in the "UserGroup" (or any
> "Known" user, for the second option) to edit ANY page.  Is that right?
>
> I would rather that they can edit only their personal homepage, and not
> other pages.
>
> Best, C

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Hi there... I'm reading this thread just now and was not tracking it
before, but I think I have a similar problem (ACL + groups not working).

Some days ago I sent a message describing it more precisely and now I
would just say everytime I try to set ACL's up, it seems not to work.
Here it is:

It works:

acl_rights_before = u"MiguelDaSilva:read,write,revert,delete,admin"

It do not work:

acl_rights_before = u"AdminGroup:read,write,revert,delete,admin"

It happens no matter which "version" of page_group_regex I use:

page_group_regex = u'[a-z]Group$'

page_group_regex = u'(?P<all>(?P<key>\\S+)Group)'

This wiki was running fine with moin 1.5.3 (Debian Etch server) and
after the migration to 1.7.3 (Debian Lenny, the same server), it stop
working. The migrate procedure was that given by Moin itself.

Suggestions?

Greetings.
--
Miguel Da Silva