[Moin-user] 'module' object has no attribute 'expat' when saving from gui editor

David Cramer dcramer at motive.com
Mon Jan 5 10:53:55 EST 2009

Hi there,
I recently upgraded from 1.5.7 to 1.8.1. Somewhere along the way, the
GUI editor stopped being able to save pages. You can edit the page fine,
but if you click "Save Changes", "Preview", "Text Mode", "Check
Spelling", or "Cancel" you get  the following error (full error is
attached): 'module' object has no attribute 'expat'

Is there some config change I missed or some package I forgot to install
on the new machine?

Thanks,
David