[Moin-user] 'module' object has no attribute 'expat' whensavingfrom gui editor

David Cramer dcramer at motive.com
Wed Jan 7 12:41:49 EST 2009

Ok, using a newer python is possible (unfortunately switching platforms
would be harder...IT is making me move the wiki into their datacenter
because it's got so much valuable info in it...I'm taking the machine
they give me). Would the process be as follows, correct?

1. Install python 2.5.x
2. Copy /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MoinMoin to the
site-packages dir for python 2.5.
3. Update moin.cgi to change sys.path.insert(0,
'/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages') to the new 2.5 site-packages
dir.
4. Change /bin/python to point to python 2.5.
5. Reinstall 4suite on python 2.5

Btw., I notice someone else had problems with PyXML and the GUI editor:
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs/PyXML084BreaksGui

Thanks,
David