[Moin-user] data_dir "/var/www" does not exist, or has incorrect ownership or permissions.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Jul 4 09:02:54 EDT 2009

I've decided to get lighttpd working with MoinMoin and fcgi first,
using http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/FastCgi
I used the script from http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/WikiInstanceCreation
to create an instance of the wiki. I used /etc/moin/mywiki.py
to set the directy.

However, I'm still getting

ConfigurationError

data_dir "/var/www" does not exist, or has incorrect ownership or permissions.

Make sure the directory and the subdirectory "pages" are owned by the web server and are readable, writable and executable by the web server user and group.

It is recommended to use absolute paths and not relative paths. Check also the spelling of the directory name.

Error in your configuration file "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/MoinMoin/config/multiconfig.py" around line 206.

see http://www.cryoeuro.eu/

Any idea?