[Moin-user] 1.6.1 -> 1.8.4 and Xapian Search problem.

Dave Hill dave.hill at displaylink.com
Thu Jun 18 10:05:58 EDT 2009

Hi

I thought I'd ask here before reporting this on MoinMoinBugs, I couldn't
see it on there but it might be one of the other Xapian bugs...

I have just copied and upgraded our Wiki.

Old: 1.6.1, Xapian 1.0.5, PyStemmer
New: 1.8.4, Xapian 1.0.4 (also tried 1.0.13). Stemming enabled.

We have a page called "WWDC09".

On the old wiki, I can type WWDC09 in the search box and click "Title"
and it takes me straight there. I can also click "Text" and see the
pages that refer to it as well.

On the new wiki, I get no match either on "Title" or "Text" with Xapian
turned on, but it works (slower) with Xapian turned off.

If I type WWDC0 and click "Text" I also get no matches, but "WWDC"
matches OK.

Any ideas? I did all the migration, cleared the cache and rebuilt the
Xapian index.

Dave Hill.

--
Dave Hill