[Moin-user] Editor confused

kai at aplteam.com kai at aplteam.com
Wed Mar 11 05:39:11 EDT 2009

I was interested in copying a piece of CSS from the source of a page
which got deleted in the meantime. For that reason I ...

* displayed the page
* clicked "Info"
* Selected the proper (old) version
* Clicked "Edit Text"

But the editor does not show the selected version, is shows the most recent one.

Now you can argue how much sense it makes to edit an old version. In
fact it should not be possible to change an old version.

I am also aware that I can solve my task witht the "Raw Text" command.

All the same, it is confusing and seems wrong.

A better solution instantly came to my mind: with JavaScript enabled,
the button "Edit Text" should get inactive.

Kai