[Moin-user] Wiki farm and FavIcon

kai at aplteam.com kai at aplteam.com
Mon Mar 16 04:56:37 EDT 2009

Thanks Bradey and Marcel for your advice - nevertheless is was
difficult to get it work.

For the records:

1. For some reason some browsers (yes, IE is among them) cache the
favicon even when all temp Internet files are deleted and the browser
is restarted. I couldn't believe it, but when accessing a site from a
different PC, the browser behaved as expected.

Of course that makes it much more difficult, because you can never be
quite sure that what you see is "reality".

2. Specifying
href="/wiki/foo.ico"
as my favicon were "wiki" is defined in the apache config as the
underlaying dir doesn't work for me. It works for any other file,
including the logo, so the general mechanism is fine but it just won't
work with my favcion.

3. What worked was:
href="http://aplteam.com/aplwiki/aplwiki.ico"
I don't understand this, but it works...
Yes, aplwiki.ico IS situated in apaches htdocs directory.

Kai