[Moin-user] Argument order for search

Dr. Uwe Werner duaw at gmx.de
Mon Mar 16 16:08:35 EDT 2009

Hello Fellow-MoinMoiners!

I was wondering if there is a difference in performance between

(1) <<FullSearch(category:CategoryName title:Prefix-)>>

and

(2) <<FullSearch(title:Prefix- category:CategoryName)>> ???

Does category search actually open the page and read until the last
line is reached in order to check the category? If so, then I presume
(2) is faster because checking the name of a page (actually most
pages) and excluding it from the subsequent is a quicker thing than
finding categories. Is this correct?

The wiki in question is still small. Does someone have "empirical"
evidence -- or know the internals?

BTW when is the cache in the "Cached" search version up-to-date?

Thanks for your feedback
  Uwe