[Moin-user] Issue with SSPI auth

Bernd Bartmann bernd.bartmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:11:02 EDT 2009

I just solved the issue. It turns out not to be releated to the sspi
auth itself.
The reason was yet again a switch in the HTTPAuth config in
wikiconfig.py from moin-1.7.x to moin-1.8.x

In moin 1.7.x I had:

    from MoinMoin.auth.http import HTTPAuth
    auth = [HTTPAuth]
    user_autocreate = True

Now, with moin-1.8.x this has to be changed to:

    from MoinMoin.auth.http import HTTPAuth
    auth = [HTTPAuth(autocreate=True)]

So for new users that tried to access the Wiki for the first time
after the switch to moin-1.8.x the issue was that their user account
was not created automatically anymore within the Wiki.

This again raises the questions why the upgrade process from one moin
version to another is so poorly documented. At least I see room for
improvement here.

Best regards,
Bernd.