[Moin-user] Migrating to MediaWiki

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Mar 17 13:24:49 EDT 2009

Hi Daniel,

> I have a MoinMoin 1.8 standalone wiki that I would like to migrate to
> our IT MediaWiki (PHP) system.

Better do it the other way. :D

> Is this possible, and if so, is there a procedure documented?

Usually people having that problem hack some stuff to do 90% of the
conversion effort needed and publish it on the support site of the
target wiki engine (thus, in your case, MediaWiki).

So maybe ask the MediaWiki support - you likely will find more support
for migrating to some specific wiki on its site than for moving away
from it.