[Moin-user] Fwd: MoinMoin virtual appliance & general strategy

Dirk Fieremans dirk.fieremans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:28:47 EDT 2009

Hi Rick,

I think I'll follow your advice!

I found some good documents to do the technical installation, but do you
know whether something is available on how you actually tackle a MoinMoin
project?

We would like to use it for 2 parts:
- a wiki where IT information is made available to the endusers
- an intranet to share general information

I absolutely want to avoid that it becomes a structure-less mess. I chose
MoinMoin mainly because the comparison-matrix shows it can support wiki &
intranet. (what's the technical difference?). For some of teh sections I
will have to implement security on the pages (preferably with AD
authentication), is this easy to implement?

to make a long story short, I guess I'm looking for some kind of tips&tricks
to get going in a structured way.
I'm browsing through a lot of fora (on whatever wiki-brand) to get ideas
from people that already did it.

cheers,
Dirk