[Moin-user] Problem with mod_wsgi

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu May 14 10:27:00 EDT 2009

> It was clearly a MoinMoin problem, but astounding no other MoinUsers
> are noting it!

No, it was clearly a mod_wsgi problem. :)
If you run moin with the standalone wikiserver.py it does not happen.

>   It turned out it is indeed a bug in mod_wsgi:
>
>     http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/issues/detail?id=132
>
> Upgrading to version 2.5 (from 2.3) solved the problem.

I had also some trouble with mod_wsgi 2.3 (debian lenny version), solved
it by upgrading to 2.4 (from debian unstable or testing - installs
without problems as it has no dependencies requiring other packages that
are not already in stable/lenny) and I also filed a bug in Debian
because of that.

> I'm writing this here for the benefit of other MoinUsers having the same
> problem.  Maybe one could document it somewhere in the MoinMoinWiki; I
> couldn't find an appropriate page for this.

You could file a bug and solve / close it yourself. :)