[Moin-user] error when using moin command line utility

Flagrant Disregard carsarejunk at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:02:44 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I have just setup our own MoinMoin instance for our office
I and think it is wonderful!

Yesterday, I upgraded from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3, and in reading the
upgrade instructions, came to the point where I was required to
run

moin ... maint cleancache

Upon doing so, I received this error:

2009-05-21 14:55:27,666 WARNING MoinMoin.log:139 using logging configuration read from built-in fallback in MoinMoin.log module!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/moin", line 6, in ?
    run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/script/moin.py", line 15, in run
    MoinScript().run(showtime=0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/script/__init__.py", line 138, in run
    self.mainloop()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/script/__init__.py", line 242, in mainloop
    plugin_class = wikiutil.importBuiltinPlugin('script.%s' % cmd_module, cmd_name, 'PluginScript')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/wikiutil.py", line 1133, in importBuiltinPlugin
    if not name in builtinPlugins(kind):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/wikiutil.py", line 1172, in builtinPlugins
    return pysupport.importName(modulename, "modules")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/util/pysupport.py", line 81, in importName
    module = __import__(modulename, globals(), {}, [name])
ValueError: Empty module name

Not only does 'maint cleancache' produce this error, but any command given
to the moin utility.

I have called upon the great Google, but he has not answered in relevance.

Perhaps someone here may be able to shed some light on my path.

System information:

CentOS 4.7
Python 2.3.4
MoinMoin 1.8.3

Note: MoinMoin is installed within an Ensim ( ancient proprietary hosting
control panel ) chroot environment. MoinMoin has been running  via Apache
and mod_fcgid, however this is the first time I have attempted to use
the command line utility.

Many "Thank You"s

--

Clearly, Flagrant Disregard