[Moin-user] Question of auto create user profile via SSL client certification authentication

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 17:46:06 EST 2009

>     from MoinMoin.auth.sslclientcert import SSLClientCertAuth
>     auth = [SSLClientCertAuth(autocreate=['True'])]

Wrong syntax, it is autocreate=True.

> At http.conf, I did the following configuration:
>     Alias /moin_static184/ "/var/www/mywiki/htdocs/"

Please use 1.8.5.

>     WSGIScriptAlias /mywiki /var/www/mywiki/moin.wsgi

So you are using mod_wsgi?

>     <Location /mywiki>
>         SetHandler python-program
>         # Add the path of your wiki directory
>         PythonPath "['/var/www/mywiki',
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages'] + sys.path"
>         PythonHandler MoinMoin.request.request_modpython::Request.run

Or do you use mod_python?

mod_wsgi is recommended, you should kill everything relating to
mod_python. SetHandler, PythonPath, PythonHandler is all mod_python.

> I can access my wiki page with security http and see my DN shown in
> the ssl_sccess.log. But the user profile can not be created
> automatically.
> Any idea about this? Thanks a lot.

I don't use SSL client cert auth myself (and it might be one of the
rather rarely used auth methods).

Maybe you can increase logging level (see the auth debug logging
configuration example we provide, see wiki/config/logging/...) and add
some logging.debug("...") statements to the ssl client cert auth code
(see MoinMoin/auth/...) as needed.

If you find any specific problem there, join us on #moin so we can help
with it. It is no big problem to fix something there in case it is
wrong, as soon as you have detailled information about it.