[Moin-user] SessionFiles and slower Wiki

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Apr 9 03:34:35 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 13:27 +0200,
Tinku Badshah <waqas805 at hotmail.com>h wrote:
> Best Regards,
> Waqas Ahmad

There seems to be confusion about your name.

> I am using Apache/2.2.13 (Win32) mod_wsgi/2.6 Python/2.6.2
> mod_auth_sspi/1.0.4

More interesting would've been the moin version.

It is recommended that you use latest 1.9.x or 1.8.x version, preferably
the 1.9.x. Besides bug fixes, you also should have latest version due to
security fixes.

> The wiki is saving lot of small session files (I have more than 48000
> small files in this folder) under C:\wiki\data\cache\__common__
> \session. Wiki never delete these files automatically and i think that
> it makes the filesystem performance slower.

What type of filesystem is it on C:? NTFS?

Do you use moin ... maint cleansessions from time to time?

See moin maint cleansessions --help.

> Is there a disadvantage of these small files? My wiki is getting
> slower. Is this because of these session files?

Well, if it was on FAT32, i would say "for sure!".

Don't know how good NTFS copes with many files, but it should be better
than FAT32.

> [Thu Apr 08 08:15:50 2010] [error] 2010-04-08 08:15:50,266 WARNING
> MoinMoin.request:1391 Duplicate http header: 'Expires: Wed, 08 Apr
> 2009 06:15:50 GMT' (ignored)

Ignore that.