[Moin-user] beginner questions

Thomas Scofield scofield at calvin.edu
Sun Aug 1 13:33:09 EDT 2010

Thanks.  That got me where I wanted to go for initial setup.
Depending on how adept I become with this, I may want to setup wikis
for my college students, and in that instance I'll want to go the
route of a multi-wiki setup.  I don't yet know if I'll prefer
developing my contribution to those pages locally on my machine and
transferring them to a server, but probably not initially.  When it
comes to course pages, I think I'll have to set up a multi-wiki
MoinMoin on a server without having root privileges.

That brings me to my other as-yet unanswered question.  I presume
others have asked questions about such a setup that will be relevant
to me.  How does one search the moin-user archives using keywords?

Thomas Scofield

On Aug 1, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Roger Haase wrote:

> Yes, it is supposed to be simple.  Part of the problem is you have
> to leave the page to complete the steps.
>
> >From the languageSetup page, click the Login link.  From the Login
> page, click the "you can create one now" link to create a new login
> ID.
>
> Once you have a login id, then you can use that ID in the superuser
> line.  For a personal desktop edition wiki, you add the superuser
> line to the ./wikiconfig.py file (as you have already done).
>
> Restart the server and return to the LanguageSetup page.  Login with
> your superuser ID and proceed with the language setup.
>
> I think the "desktop edition" is intended for a single wiki rather
> than a farm.  Maybe someone else can correct me or provide
> additional help.
>
> Roger Haase

Thomas L. Scofield
Associate Professor