[Moin-user] expected time for moin 2; donations to the project

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Aug 6 06:54:07 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan,

> > moin 2 (pre-alpha and in heavy development currently) is emitting html5
> > and a few days ago I added a converter for video/audio -> dom -> html5
> > video/audio tag. It works. :)
>
> Sounds terrific. When is moin 2 expected to be production ready?

That depends on the amount of developers helping with it.
Currently some more developers are helping within Google Summer of Code,
but that is soon over and we'll have to see how it is afterwards.

There is still lots to do with refactoring code to make good use of the
framework and libraries we use now. Also user interface needs much more
work.

So, don't hold your breath for it. It likely won't happen this year,
maybe next year.

> I was wondering how can one help without coding or investing time at the moment, and have seen
>
>     http://moinmo.in/Donations
>
> As I'm allocated in Germany, it is a pity you don't have a public benefit association (in German:
> gemeinnützig) to accept tax deducted donations. I you had, you would get much more (>30%) for
> the very same donated money.

Well, doing such stuff needs time and as you might have seen there are
not that many people involved in moin development currently (and likely
none of them has experience or time to deal with bureaucracy related to
what you suggest).

Cheers,

Thomas